Welcome to the Family of God
Welcome precious soul into the family of God! You have made the best decision of your life. Literally. Below are some invaluable points to remember as you begin your walk with God. Remember, never give up, because God cares for you, and He will be there for you always and forever! We love you!
- God’s Word Is Your Spiritual Food. God’s Word is alive and active – it must be your final authority.
- As a newborn babe your desire should be the pure milk of the word of God. Hebrews 4:12
- You have been made righteous by faith in Christ, walk in His righteous ways. 1 Peter 2:2
- Let His Spirit lead and guide you in all that you do. Galatians 3:8-9
- The Holy Spirit testifies that you are a child of God, and a joint heir of Christ. Romans 8:14-17
- All Scripture is inspired by God
It is vital that you have a Bible. I suggest the New King James version as it is easy to read and understand. Make it a lifestyle to learn and grow by the word and grace of God. Remember, study is never lost time especially when it comes by the holy Scriptures.
- “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.” 2 Tim 3:16-17
- Take Delight in the Word of God
“Oh, the joys of those who do not follow evil men’s advice, who do not hang around with sinners, scoffing at the things of God. But they delight in doing everything God wants them to, and day and night are always meditating on his laws and thinking about ways to follow him more closely. They are like trees along a riverbank bearing luscious fruit each season without fail. Their leaves shall never wither, and all they do shall prosper.” Psalms 1:1-3(TLB)
- Meditate in the Word of God
“This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.”Joshua 1:8
- You must hear the Word and apply it to your daily living
“And remember, it is a message to obey, not just to listen to. So don’t fool yourselves. 23 For if a person just listens and doesn’t obey, he is like a man looking at his face in a mirror; 24 as soon as he walks away, he can’t see himself anymore or remember what he looks like. 25 But if anyone keeps looking steadily into God’s law for free men, he will not only remember it but he will do what it says, and God will greatly bless him in everything he does.” James 1:22-25 (TLB)
Here are a few things that will help you
Pray to the father in Jesus’ name; let your needs be known to Him; cast every care upon Him, He cares for you.
(Jesus speaking) “And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.” John 14:13-14
“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;” Philippians 4:6
“And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” Matthew 21:22
“Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:7
Be quick to repent and to forgive others
“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9
“And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.” Mark 11:25-26
The Spirit of God is there to help you
“And in the same way — by our faith — the Holy Spirit helps us with our daily problems and in our praying. For we don’t even know what we should pray for nor how to pray as we should, but the Holy Spirit prays for us with such feeling that it cannot be expressed in words.” Romans 8:26 (TLB)
“If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever — 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you” John 14:15-17
The following are important points. In the scriptures that you have just read, Jesus said:
- The Spirit Himself also helps in our weaknesses. It is vital to your Christian walk to know that the Holy Spirit is a PERSON and not a force or wind or power – Jesus said the Spirit Himself makes intercession (prays) for us – that means He is a person
- Jesus calls the Holy Spirit the Helper and the Spirit of truth for He dwells with you and will be in you. What a comfort and joy to know we have such hope of the closeness of God with us for all eternity
- Lastly, Jesus said He (the Spirit) dwells with us, and will be in you. It is important that you realize that for every believer who accepts Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, there is more – and this is called the baptism into the Holy Spirit.
- To learn more about the infilling of the Holy Spirit click here.